“Red” Museums and Democracy
In the Museum of Recent History Celje, Slovenija we are preparing a 5-year project on the subject »Red« Museums and Democracy.
The aim of the project is to communicate with museums established in or because of political system in former communist countries and to compare the points where stories of these museums are different and where similar.
Momentarily, 9 museums from 6 different European countries are involved in the project:
1. Museum of Recent History Celje, Slovenia, as applicant
2. Museum of Slovak National Uprising, Banska Bystrica, Slovakia, as co-organiser
3. National History Museum of Romania, Bucharest, Romania, as co-organiser
4. Estonian History Museum, Tallinn, Estonia, as co-organiser
5. The National Museum of History, Sofia, Bulgaria, as co-organiser
6. Museum House of Terror, Budapest, Hungary, as co-organiser
7. Romanian Peasant Museum, Bucharest, Romania, as partner
8. The National Brukenthal Museum, Sibiu, Romania, as partner
9. “Moldova” National Museum Complex of Iasi, Iasi, Romania, as partner
Furthermore, we would like to look beyond the “curtain” in order to compare the museum policy of former communist with European democratic systems. Therefore, we are looking for additional possible project partners for an application to the EU Culture Programme.
In the attachment you can find more detailed description of the project.
If you find the project proposition interesting and would like to participate as partner in the project, please, do not hesitate to contact us on the fallowing address:
Museum of Recent History Celje
Tel.: + 386 3 428 64 15
Fax: + 386 3 428 64 11