General Meeting in Steyr 18. June. 2005-12-16
1. Programmes and budgets as suggested by the board
2. Reports and accounts from the years since last meeting
3. Election of the board
4. Worklab Newsletter
5. Relations to TICCIH
6. Any other business.
To the meeting were members from Austria, Hungary, Denmark, Sweden and Portugal present.
1. The final report as well as the economical report to The Commission concerning the Culture 2000 project Migration, Work and Identity has been finally confirmed by The Commission, end the partners has received their final payment.
The final activity-report from the secretariat in Copenhagen will be published in the next issue of WORKLAB NEWSLETTER
The new project application to Culture 2000 INHERIT with a group of partners from Austria, Hungary, Slovenia, England, Denmark and Sweden did not get point enough, and the project will not be realised.
Arbetets Museum, Sweden proposed a new application for this year ( during the autumn they gave up, and a new application will first be to the new Culture 2007 programme).
2. The Terrassa protocol has been spread in several of the member-countries.
Invoices has not been sent out during the Migration-project-period. But they are sent out again in 2005.12.16
3. Gerard E. Corsane and Mikael Parr wanted to leave the board.
As new members of the board was elected Ann Kristin Carlström, Arbetets Museum, Norrköping, Sweden and José Gameiro, Museu Municipal de Portimão, Portugal
4. In the future the Newsletter will only be in electronic form, and the editing will be “running” according to the information from the members
5. TICCIH had invited to a closer relationship. Peter Ludvigsen was going to attend the next TICCIH intermediate conference in Nagoya, Japan. Worklab members expressed an interest in closer co-operation for instance in connection with the regular TICCIH conferences.
6. During the days 16.-20. June the Museum Arbeitswelt in Styer had invited the participants to an exciting programme containing:
The industrial town of Steyr.
The exhibitions of the Museum Arbeitswelt
Presentation and discussion of the new plans for the permanent exhibition in the museum (a short english version will be edited in the coming Newsletter)
Excursion to the old industrial valley in Die Kalkalpen (mit Knoblauch-Forellen)
The plan was to arrange ther next Worklab meeting in Portimão. The new municipal museum will be opened in a factory at the harbour-front next summer.
The plan is so far to arrange a meeting there in October 2006