WORKLAB conference in PORTIMÃO, Portugal 29.-31. OCT. 2008
Dear colleagues in WORKLAB.
The Next WORKLAB conference will take place in the newly opened Museum of Portimão 29.-31.OCT. 2008.
The museum – situated in a former fish canning factory – will be the host of the conference.
29.-30. Oct.: International conference:
“Industrial Work and Museums”
Subtitle: Change of societies – change of industry – change of museums
- new tasks of labour and social history museums in a globalize world
- how to present new subjects of labour and industry in museums
- how to interpret or mediate this new subjects for special target groups
- theoretical and common speeches
- (best) practice examples
- labour museums
- museums with main focus on social history
- communities (e.g. people responsible for museums / culture in cities or nations)
31. Oct.: Worklab meeting:
Task: Discussions about the future of WORKLAB – expansion of membership.
Discussion about transformation of WORKLAB to an International Committee in ICOM for “Social History and Labour Museums” .
Any other questions and
Planning of the next meeting i Tampere, Finland.
The Portugese host will plan a specific programme for the weekend 1.-2.NOV. Details will follow later – but alone the weather can be recomended.