The aims of Worklab are
- to promote and co-ordinate the interests of the member museums.
- to promote the collection, conservation and interpretation of working class culture, work processes and the labour movement.
- to provide a forum for communication, co-operation and exchange between museums and others concerned with workers’ history.
- to cooperate with the international committees and regional organisations of the International Council of Museums (ICOM) and other international committees and affiliated associations, such as the International Association of Labour History Institutions (IALHI).
- to publish a newsletter twice a year edited by the committee.
The association shall be composed of institutional and individual members.
The association shall recognise as a labour museum any permanent institution which meets the requirements of ICOM and which is entirely or partly devoted to the history of working people’s lives.
Eligible as individual members are specialists working with the member museums, former representatives of organisations which are institutional members or any person dedicated to working class history.
The general assembly will meet every other year in ordinary session.